November 7, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Every year in the fall I like to make Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.  
These don't have to be a fall only food but that is when I like them 
best.  I can eat 1 or 5 cupcakes with a big glass of hot apple cider and 
be so content.  It is the BEST fall sweet ever.
And it is simple enough that anyone can make them.    

Take one large can of pumpkin pie mix and combine it with one box of spice cake mix.  
I usually use my mixer to make sure I get all the clumps out.  
Pour into individual cupcake liners.  
This recipe makes about 20 cupcakes rather than the 
24 that your box of cake mix would make normally.    
Bake according to the cake package directions. 

Your finished product is a soft, moist, sweet pumpkin spice cupcake.
If you don't like icing these cupcakes can stand alone with no icing.  
They can also be topped with sifted confectionery sugar.  
But I like them best with cream cheese icing.  
I don't have a picture of a finished iced cupcake because I was running 
late getting these ready for the church auction and fall fest and I forgot. 
But there are pictures above of the icing and decorating bags and tips.  This was 
my first try at applying the icing without using a knife.  With some helpful tips from my friend
Cacy and an online tutorial I got the hang of using the basic tips to make cute cupcakes.  
They were delish - You should really try this super easy recipe.    

No comments:

Post a Comment