November 7, 2012

A short trip...

It has been almost 2 years since I have seen my friend Allison and her family.  
In June, Allison's mom Kitty emailed me about a Southwest flight sale.  
I snagged a round trip flight pretty cheap for 5 months into the future. 
5 months took forever!  But finally last weekend I flew to Greenville, SC for a long awaited
3 day vacation.  the 5 months drug on but the 3 days sped by.   
We drove Saturday to Charleston to spend the day and then back to the farm that milks Kitty's jersey cows to pick up a heifer on the way home(Pendleton).  
Allison and I near the market in Charleston

These flowers were made from palm fronds by some young boys on the pier.  I ended up getting this 
small set and then a bunch of 20 too.  I loved them so much. 
We ate lunch at A.W. Shucks and walked the length of the market place twice.  There were so many talented artisans there.  I also bought a crock that you bake a whole apple on in the oven...It looks like fun. 
A Carnival cruise ship was docked at the pier waiting to go out on a cruise. 
It was a little windy but a beautiful place to visit.
Notice it is just Allison and I in these pictures?  Kitty was the photographer for the day and only got in 
one picture with us....and that was on Kitty's camera!  I missed out.  

This was such a great trip.  We reminisced over the "good ole days" and made new memories too. 
Kitty's poor car will never quite be the same after picking a very nauseous me up from the airport...but that is another story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment