October 26, 2011

More sewing this week

So I haven't done much cooking this week to post but I have been working away on my sewing machine.  Check out my newest projects:

 Birdies!!!  I found this pattern on spoolsewing.com . These were a little difficult at first but the 2nd bird (blue) turned out much better than the 1st bird (red).


The wine bottle bag (and yes the bottle of wine says Mad Housewife!) was a real challenge for me.  I will be keeping this one myself because it is far from perfect.  I do however have some idea of what I am doing and what I should do next time to make it better.  I will probably try again at some point but this one took me several sessions of getting frustrated before I got it fixed.  I found the pattern on needleandspatula.com


And last of all are OWLS!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVED making these owls.  They were so much fun and are so so cute. 

I found the pattern for these at Toad's Treasures.


All these patterns were free and since I don't really know what I am doing free is a good way to practice.  I thank all these ladies for sharing their patterns and their talents.  Check out their blogs for all sorts of cute stuff.

Hope that you are all having a great week!

3 comments:

  1. love the little red bird and the wine bag is cute too! nanny would love the owls. you should start a little shop out of your basement! wonderful Christmas Ideas!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job. Actually, I think you picked out hard projects to begin with. Mama taught me sew when I was about 10. I use to make all my clothes when I was younger. I inherited the sewing machine I learned to sew on. Seeing your projects makes me want to get it out and start making something. Keep up the good work. Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I am so excited about the fun I am having. I may eventually graduate up to making clothes but crafts and quilts are what I am starting with. No way else for me to learn what all 40 of those stitches do. :)
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete