August 24, 2012

Just because...

...he's the cutest sweetest doggie in the whole wide world. 

If you don't know, I have a hard time getting great pictures of Hunter ever since that fateful day I took him with me (because Russel wasn't home) to have his picture made for our free Olan Mills 11*14 picture.  Every year the volunteer fire guys come by for donations.  When you make a donation you get a card for a free 11*14 photo when you come get your picture made at the Fire Hall on a certain date.  We always donate and only once had Russel and I went to have our pictures made.  They turned out good and the next year I had the certificate and thought I would get a picture made of Hunter because well - it was free and why not.  I didn't want a picture of me sitting there by myself.  So we got there and Hunter was pretty laid back but I couldn't get him to sit on the white back ground and stay and look in the right direction.  So the photographer lady suggested that I sit with him to get the picture.  I wasn't really prepared for that but hey - once again - free picture.  I sat on the floor with Hunter and got him still and looking in the right direction and POOF! the big flashes went off and you would have thought someone stuck firecrackers up Hunter's rear.  He mowed over me running for safety away from the things that looked STRANGELY like very close lightening.  The picture - that took as the lightening went off actually was pretty good and yes I have an 11*14 of me and my dog - go ahead and get on with the dog/ cat lady jokes.  But now when someone gets out a camera Hunter still tends to shy away - especially if a flash goes off.  I try to be careful and turn my flash off when I take his picture.  So I will occasionally get a good picture of my furry friend but he always has an eye on me and my camera.          

No comments:

Post a Comment