January 7, 2012

Heavenly Cookies

I know that I haven't blogged since Mid December and that we are full into the first week of January but I am going to make it up today with a GREAT recipe.  I am calling them Tina's Heavenly Cookies.  I really have no idea of what they are called but they are certainly heavenly and I got the recipe from Aunt Tina so I though my invented name fit.  
Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix (we also tried this with strawberry cake mix and it was yummy)
1 8 oz bar of cream cheese softened
1 stick butter softened
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
Confectionery sugar


Mix all ingredients (less the confectionery sugar)together in bowl.  I didn't even use my mixer just a fork.


Once mixed well, put a top or platic wrap over the container and set it in the fridge.  Refrigerate for at least two hours.  I let one batch sit over night in the fridge and it still did well so you can make these up in advance. 

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into one inch balls.  Then roll each ball in the confectionery sugar and place on a lightly greased cookie pan.
Pop them in the oven and bake at 350 for 12 minutes.  
I sifted a little extra sugar on top while these were still warm.  ENJOY your extremely yummy cookies with a big glass of milk. YUMMY!
Stacey
 

2 comments:

  1. we'll have to try it - looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this recipe. Sounds delish.

    Kathy Peck

    ReplyDelete