November 11, 2011

Performance Week

I have seen 3 performances in the last 7 days.  I usually don't see that many in a month let alone 7 days.  I loved them all and wanted to give you a little taste. 

Last Thursday, me and one of my besties, Kristie, went to see Wicked at TPAC.  It was SO worth it.  I was worried that I wouldn't love it but I did.  The songs, the dances, the costumes, the story line it all came together to make a spectacular performance.  You can't take pictures during the show but we did snap one before the show started.
Then on Tuesday the new show Hell on Wheels presented Jason Aldean at the Music City Star Rail Station downtown.  Leslie, Bryson, Denise, Terry (Les's mom)and I went down for the concert.  I thought he'd play 2 songs and be done but he played at least 5 or 6.  Here are some photos:
Leslie swears he was pointing at her.  :)
Here are the links to the video I shot - I have one more.They are on You Tube:



And last but not least was the AWESOME show put on at the Ryman last night by Straight No Chaser.  If you haven't ever heard of Straight No Chaser just Google them on the internet or search them on YouTube.  They are an a cappella  group that started singing at college in Indiana and now have their own record deal with Atlantic.  It is amazing whet they can do with NO INSTRUMENTS.  Here's some pictures from last night:
Russel and I waiting for the show to start

This is the very last song that they did with no microphones or headsets.

 If you check out Straight No Chaser online you can view their videos which will easily be much better than mine.    

But here are mine if you don't want to go to the trouble:


Chicken Fried


That Girl is Poison and Billy Jean

Lady Gaga - just a short clip but funny just the same. 


I hope hat you are enjoying your Veterans Day and being thankful for all those who have fought for the rights that we have today. 


Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment