August 7, 2013

One step closer

My delightful and sweet friend Kathy over at Kathy's Creative Corner sent me an apron pattern when I first got my sewing machine.  She has been super supportive with my sewing challenges and has given me all sorts of tips as I venture further and further into my sewing journey.  
I have kept the pattern crisp and clean in it's little package.  It sits on my sewing table looking at me...just wanting me to start on it as my next project. 
So I have been on the lookout for the prefect fabric.  
I want my first apron to be beautiful and most of all RIGHT. 
So yesterday as I am scouring through the fabric (what's left of it as our Joann's is moving and EVERYTHING is on clearance) I found THE PERFECT COMBINATION of fabrics for my apron.  

Here it is!  What do you think?  The blue is going to be the main fabric and the yellow will make up the bottom ruffle and ties.  I am very excited to get started so stay tuned for pictures...hopefully sooner than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment