January 11, 2013

So Much To Share....

So much has passed since my last real blog that it is hard to imagine.  
I plan on trying to stay up to date and getting more tutorials in 2013 but for now here's what the last several months of 2012 held for us. 

In October, after many appointments and me complaining of pain for months, my dr sent me for an ultra sound and echogram.  The point - to see if my new IUD was placed correctly or if it may be the root of my problems.  As I watched the big screen in front of me, the technician was marking spots on the video and making measurements for Dr Woods to see.  I asked if she could show me my IUD on the video and she did.  I didn't ask anymore questions because I had NO clue what I was looking at.  

I received a call from my dr first thing the next morning....um - not a good feeling when I saw her name on my caller ID that early.  She had good news and bad news.  
The good news - we now know what my problem is.  
The bad news - I have a cyst surrounding my ovary that is the size of a large orange.
We talked game plan then - no waiting for an appointment and having a nervous breakdown in the interim.  
A plan was made - wait 3 weeks, have another ultra sound, see if the cyst has changed any - preferably gotten smaller.  The day for the 2nd ultra sound came and I asked questions as I was looking at that big screen.  I knew a cyst was what the other tech had been measuring so I asked her to show me where it was.  It had gotten large enough that had pushed my left ovary to the side and was taking up a much larger spot than it was allotted.  I went on to see my dr after the ultrasound and the decision was made for surgery.  
On November 14th I went for surgery to remove the cyst and consequentially my  right ovary with it.  Russel, mom and dad came to the hospital and waited through the surgery and with me both before and after the surgery.  I asked that everyone else stay at home and wait for word because there was no use in the entire Kelley/ Stoddard clan taking over Baptist hospital.  I remember waiting for surgery. I remember clawing at my face after surgery and the nurse getting mad.  And with Russel's help I remember acting a little funny while I was in recovery after they were allowed to come back and see me.  4 incisions and 3 weeks of nausea later and all that pain is gone.  If you had asked me about a week after the surgery when the smell of food made me nauseous and I was sleeping 20 hours a day if it was worth it....I probably would have given you the evil eye.  Today, I can tell you it was worth it.  I have one more good ovary that is taking up production for the one I lost.  I am not hurting, having hot flashes, crying for no good reason, or nauseous.  Life is good.  

So during that time Thanksgiving came and went.  I have no pictures and didn't even have the Kelley Thanksgiving at our house this year.  Nanny did that.   
I love to black Friday shop.  That was a no go too but I did look at the ads and wish I could be out in the hooplah.  The only black Friday shopping that I did was to Walmart late in the afternoon for ensure (because I still wasn't able to eat much) and one or two toys that had been on sale and still were.
However Nanny and Papa did celebrate their 70th anniversary in November - so at our Thanksgiving lunch they got spiffed up to get their picture made.  

About mid December everything returned to normal and we found ourselves in the hustle of the holiday season.  Christmas was very nice this year.  We rejoiced in the birth of Christ, celebrated with the families and friends, over ate and enjoyed the time spent together.  Here's a few pictures of our holiday fun.  
Top Left - Donna & me acting silly, Top Right - Kenny, Cari, Stephen, Cacy(Wrex), Me, Russel, Donna and Phil, Bottom Left - All the guys, Bottom Right - all the gals.  
 The Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at Cari and Kenny's house.
Oh what fun...there were some great home made sweaters that had me so tickled.  I made both mine and Russel's sweaters.   
Russel and I had a live tree that we planted after the first of the year.  We also did our new annual tradition of making a ginger bread house.  I have a ginger bread home depot already bought for next year.  

We had a great Christmas with the Kelley families - too many gifts and too much food but as always never enough time together. Why am I licking my sister do you ask???  Because it's Christmas and I can, so why not???
Zach & Sarah - Jessica - Mark & Tina - Deb & Skooter
We gathered Christmas night with the Stoddard/ Smith clans at Mark and Tina's house and ate more food.  I think I gained 10 pounds in food on Christmas - I was making up for Thanksgiving.  
 Unfortunately after Christmas we lost the oldest member of our pet family.  Tookie our little black cat was 14.  She's been epileptic for years and taken medicine for it since we first found out.  Russel took these pictures of her walking all over Hunter at lunch one day before he left to go out of town. By the time I got home from work she had lost the ability to walk.  I knew the time had been coming but it was a very hard decision to take her to the vet the next morning.  She was my sweet, annoying, crazy little cat and I loved her dearly.  I miss her every day. 
So that is the last two months of our year in a wrap up.  Again - I am going to try to do better posting and letting you see into our crazy little lives together.  My resolution for the year is to do at least one tutorial per month.  I know that is not much at all but it is a place to start and a goal to keep.
Happy 2013 to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment