January 15, 2013

Sky Dive the Farm

In November Russel started the process to get certified to skydive. 
He did all his classes and jumps so far at Skydive the Farm in Rockmart, GA.  

He likes skydiving at Skydive the Farm. I always wondered WHY drive four and a half hours to go to a skydive place but now I know.  I went this weekend with him.  I got to meet some of the instructors and watch the fun jumpers and the tandem jumpers.  If I wanted to skydive I would want to go here too.  But I don't want to skydive so that is a mute point.I took a bunch of pictures not only of Russel but of several of the other skydivers and instructors.  It was just cool to see the little dots they were when they jumped from the plane, to seeing the chutes open and then them making their way to the landing areas on the farm.  
I had the unique experience of getting buzzed while sitting on the ground by one of the photographers as he landed.  It was intentional. I wish I had my camera at the ready because it would have made for good pictures.....if I hadn't had to lunge on top of the dog to keep him from running in terror.  
All around it was fun, a little difficult with Hunter there, but an experience that I enjoyed.  I know know Russel loves it.  He is working hard at it.  

Here is a link to a video Russel put together from one of the instructors that jumped with Ross on one of his training weekends.  
Here is a link to a youtube video of air and water featuring lyrics from Agent Lead of Skydive the Farm. 

1 comment:

  1. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Short curtains

    ReplyDelete