June 17, 2013

Easy Sherbert - No Pictures

A few years ago at the June is Dairy month event at Dorris Milling company a lady brought orange sherbert.  Mom made it for father's day yesterday at lunch and then I made a variation at supper for the in laws.  It is so good and SO easy to put together that it may well be my go to dessert for summer get togethers.  Don't get me wrong:
 I LOVE MAKING ICE CREAM IN ALL DIFFERENT FLAVORS!
But this is so easy it will take little time to whip it together.  

Here's what you need:
Your ice cream freezer - Mine is the "standard size" that you get at Walmart/ Target/ Ace hardware
Ice 
Rock Salt (also known as ice cream salt)
2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
1 two liter of orange Crush soda

*** mom used orange Crush soda - my MIL was having peach cobbler so I used the Kroger brand peach soda - but I was really looking for Diet Rite Golden Peach.  I think that you could probably use any kind of flavored soda to make your sherbert depending on your taste.  Let me know what flavor you chose*** 

Pour 2 cans sweetened condensed milk into the bottom of your ice cream canister. 
Slowly  pour your 2 liter of soda into the canister.  It is going to froth so pour slow and make sure that you do not fill your canister past the fill line. 
Slowly stir the milk and soda together. 
Insert the dasher into the canister and put the canister top on.  

Using the salt and ice freeze according to your freezer directions. 

Hope that you enjoy....we certainly did!

No comments:

Post a Comment